Article 1. Registration of participation
- Registration is confirmed by written or telephone registration.
- You will receive a booking confirmation and instructions for payment.
Article 2. Liability
- We are not liable for personal injury, loss of or damage to property of participants.
- We advise you to take out travel insurance.
Article 3. Cancellation by participant
- Cancellation can only be done in writing and is final once the receipt has been confirmed.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance.
- In case of cancellation by the participant the following cancellation costs apply, calculated from the date of the written cancellation:
- Up to 56 days before departure: 15% of the travel sum with a minimum of EUR 100 p.p.
- From 56 to 28 days before departure: 50% of the travel sum;
- Cancellation from the 28th day (inclusive) until the 10th day before departure: 75% of the travel sum;
- In case of cancellation from the 10th day (inclusive) until the day of departure or later: the full travel sum.
Article 4. Cancellation of trip
- We reserve the right to cancel a trip no less than 2 weeks before the departure date if there are insufficient participants (i.e. less than 7 people). All participants receive a full refund of the amount paid immediately.
Article 5. Guarantee arranged STO travel guarantee Association of Small Travel Organisations
- To meet the legally required guarantee, Brouzje | Champagne Travel uses the STO travel guarantee on all its trips (excludes separately arranged accommodations and activities).
- Brouzje is also a member of the Association of Small Travel Organisations (VvKR), membership number 15013.
Article 5.1 Payment conditions for package holidays
- In the event of the bankruptcy of the travel organisation, the Take Over (STO) Foundation will ensure that you get your money back, continue your journey or travel home. In order to facilitate this, the STO uses a third-party payment scheme.
- As a participant you do not pay the travel sum to Brouzje, but to the Stichting Derdengelden Certo Escrow (SDCE). Certo Escrow, a payment service provider exempted by the Dutch Central Bank, manages this foundation.
- When the trip has occurred, the travel sum will be transferred to Brouzje one day after it is completed.
- Only in the event that Brouzje | Champagne Travel enters a suspension of payment or goes bankrupt before the end of your holiday, Certo Escrow will transfer the travel amount that has been deposited to STAN. This means that creditors can not access your money. If you are yet to depart, you will receive the paid sum back. If your travel has commenced, the STO will ensure that you either receive the rightful part of your fare back, so that you can complete your journey or that you can return home.
Article 5.2 Booking and payment procedure
- After receiving a booking confirmation and invoice from Brouzje, you will receive an invitation from Certo Escrow by email with a username and password.
- You will be asked to log in to the secure section of the Certo Escrow website. After confirming the invitation you can immediately proceed to payment. Depending on the time of booking, you will receive a request for down payment and later for payment of the remainder of the travel sum, or for payment of the entire travel sum in one go.
- For all bookings the full travel sum must be paid before departure to the Stichting Derdengelden Certo Escrow.
- Any complaints or claims about your trip are handled separately from this payment method.
- Our cancellation policy applies to this method of payment.
The STO is not a disputes committee.
- This way of paying will require a little more of your time and attention. We ask for your understanding.
As a small travel organisation, we want to offer financial security. This method allows us to meet the statutory mandatory guarantee and take care of your best interests. Of course you can contact us with your questions here.
More information can be found at: